Cane Corso bought from Appalachian Cane Corso had bone cancer

In Oct 2009 I bought my Cane Corso named Cosmo from this breeder in Marysville PA.He died on Nov 12 2015 of bone cancer.

He was only 6 yrs old. He was a beautiful black brindle. He was my companion and protector. On Oct 9th of this year I took Cosmo to the vet because could not walk on his right hind leg.

Vet x-rays showed he had bone cancer which spread to his ribs. No sign of problems until that visit. This cancer had to be in his system years before. I've contacted breeder and they said "we'll pray for him".

I notified them when he passed and I was so upset that I told don't bother to reply. I also emailed Cane Corso organization that he was registered with to get some answers weeks ago and have gotten no reply. I thought I had bought Cosmo from a reputable breeder but this disease had to run in the family because his vet said it was hereditary. They should not be breeding dogs from his parents.

I can't believe that he was the only pup to have this health problem. He also had several eye surgeries because of cherry eye.

Cosmo was a couch potato and he loved to watch tv with me.He weighed 126 lbs and now he sits on a table in my home in a box filled with his ashes.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Answers to Cosmo's family health history
Product or service
Cane Corso Dog
Review category
Animal Services
review #742636 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Appalachian Cane Corso? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.