Cane Corso bought from Appalachian Cane Corso had bone cancer
In Oct 2009 I bought my Cane Corso named Cosmo from this breeder in Marysville PA.He died on Nov 12 2015 of bone cancer.
He was only 6 yrs old. He was a beautiful black brindle. He was my companion and protector. On Oct 9th of this year I took Cosmo to the vet because could not walk on his right hind leg.
Vet x-rays showed he had bone cancer which spread to his ribs. No sign of problems until that visit. This cancer had to be in his system years before. I've contacted breeder and they said "we'll pray for him".
I notified them when he passed and I was so upset that I told don't bother to reply. I also emailed Cane Corso organization that he was registered with to get some answers weeks ago and have gotten no reply. I thought I had bought Cosmo from a reputable breeder but this disease had to run in the family because his vet said it was hereditary. They should not be breeding dogs from his parents.
I can't believe that he was the only pup to have this health problem. He also had several eye surgeries because of cherry eye.
Cosmo was a couch potato and he loved to watch tv with me.He weighed 126 lbs and now he sits on a table in my home in a box filled with his ashes.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Answers to Cosmo's family health history
- Product or service
- Cane Corso Dog
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "alopecia, a genetic disorder directly caused by breeding these dogs for their color. I approached the breeder via email to no avail. However, he quickly updated his website to..."
- "Vile excuse for a business that's supposed to be providing "therapeutic" services but, instead is self-serving, inhumane and callous. Brutally trapped and killed a group of feral cats in..."
- "In November of 2013, we put down a 50% deposit of $1025 on a young Ragdoll Breeder kitten that was to be delivered to us at 10 weeks via an..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."